The goal of any fundraiser should be to maximize both fun and profitability for your group. Because there are many stakeholders associated with any fundraising event simplicity is often the key to success; your group can achieve outstanding results with even the easiest, most basic ideas.
Here are the top 10 simple fundraising ideas that, if executed correctly, will draw a crowd and bring in meaningful revenue:
- Donate a Birthday / Anniversary / Holiday - This is a great gift for the person who has everything or wishes to give back to their community. A simple way to let your friends, family, and co-workers know how they can help you by helping others.
- 50/50 Raffle – One of the best fundraising ideas is the tried and true 50/50 Raffle. This can be done as either a stand alone fundraiser or it can be part of a bigger event. Everyone wins with a 50/50 Raffle.
- Auctions – Businesses and Friends often have items they are willing to donate to an auction. It can be free services at a local salon, a foursome at a private golf club, or anything that you feel has value to other (like coffee with a local celebrity, or advice from a successful business person). Collect the items and find a place to hold an auction. Remember to publicize the great items in your auction.
- Golf - Golf Tournament can be either a small group of golfers who are going to challenge each other on a specific day all the way up to a full day golf event. Golfers love to golf, and when there is a good cause involved it is the perfect excuse to get out there and golf for others.
- Bake Sale – Baked Goods are a welcomed addition to most campus activities. By setting up a stand with a variety of delicious baked goods and maybe some flavored and exotic coffees you can achieve significant returns on a minimal initial investment.
- Ride Event -A Ride Event can be a few friends who decide to all do a ride as part of a bigger event or decide to hold a dedicated event. Don’t let the size of the ride event intimidate you. You can always start small and build up to a bigger event over time.
- BINGO Event – Bingo is a fun way to raise funding for WestBridge. Bingo Events can be regular Bingo Events with cash prizes, Basket Bingo Events where gift baskets go to the winners, or a combination of the two. Because of their fundraising potential, you may decide to hold multiple Bingo fundraisers throughout the year.
- Theme Party - Decide on the type of Theme Party you want to throw. Examples of themes include: 80’s Disco, Futuristic, 007 James Bond, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Disney Characters.
- Scavenger Hunts – While holding a successful scavenger hunt requires a good deal of preparation, these innovative fundraising events can often produce significant funds for your group. Typically, participants in scavenger hunts must make a small donation and are eligible for a prize if they finish first in the competition.
- Coin Collection / Challenge – Everyone has extra change, challenge people to collect those coins, and learn how you can give a little and change a lot!